I co-host a podcast called Science... sort of. We began the show in 2009 in Santa Cruz sitting around a table with a microphone plugged into a laptop, and now we've done over 200 episodes, featured all sorts of amazing guests, and are regularly downloaded in every continent (yes, even Antarctica, we have friends stationed there).
We also created a network of other science podcasts called the Brachiolope Media Network, I heartily recommend listening to all of them.
You can stream one of my recent favorite episodes below:
I also have been a guest, recurring or otherwise, on lots of different, and even non-science, podcasts. You can find a list of those shows here: Podcast Guesting (coming soon)
We occasionally do live shows, which are lots of fun! Check our various social media pages to see if there are upcoming shows. If you want us to perform a show near you, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guesting on other shows:
Podcasters tend to be a pretty welcoming bunch. I've had the chance to be on a number of other shows and I'm always grateful for the opportunity. Here's a smattering that I will do my darndest to keep up date.
After giving a short talk for the Wyoming Humanities Council about my childhood love of cyptozoology and what that meant for my faith, I was asked to be on HumaNature podcast, which features "Real stories where humans and our habitat meet". It's a revealing episode, but one I'm proud to share.
My good friend Willow hosts and produces a podcast about the outdoors, and considering how much time I've spent with her in the wilds she was surprised to learn of my outdoor imposter syndrome. So I wrote and recorded this essay about my internal reluctance juxtaposed against my seeming comfort with the outdoors.
These are episodes that I actually wrote and produced from whole cloth, definitely a challenge given the loose nature of Science... sort of, but I think I rose to the occasion, and I hope you think so too!
- The Loveland Frog
- The Stone Spheres of Costa Rica
- The Braxton County Monster
- Cryptids That Turned Out To Be Real
- 5 Answers for Creationists
Star Wars Minute
- Star Wars Minute 56: Warning! Death Star In Area!
- Star Wars Minute 57: Five Days' Worth of Sunlight
- Star Wars Minute 58: Two Hundred Hours
- Star Wars Minute 59: Denying the Science
- Star Wars Minute 60: Simple Tricks and Nonsense
- Empire Minute 51: The Stuffy Butler
- Empire Minute 52: Scoundrels
- Empire Minute 53: Asteroid Science
- Empire Minute 54: Emperor Chimp-Eyes
- Empire Minute 55: Pulling Reverse Ozzels
- Jedi Minute 105: Insular Dwarfism
- Phantom Menace Minute 79: Spider Chair
Special Edition Shows:
- Justice League vs. Teen Titans
- Batman: Bad Blood
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
- Batman: Assault on Arkham
- Son of Batman
- Marvel’s Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher (3/27/2014)
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- Iron-Man 3 (05/04/2013)
- Booksplode #9: Mind MGMT, Vol. 1: The Manager
- Booksplode #7: Planet Hulk
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part One (9/27/2012)
- Superman vs. The Elite (6/17/2012)
- Justice League: Doom (03/01/2012)
- Batman: Year One (10/20/2011)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (06/09/2011)
- All-Star Superman (2/24/2011)
- Booksplode #6: Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (10/07/2010)
- Batman: Under the Red Hood (07/29/2010)
Pick of the Week Shows: